Monday, March 31, 2008

Potty-Chair Diaries

Warning: For those faint of heart on the matters of bodily functions, stop here!

I couldn't believe it when I picked Kali up from her new daycare Friday that she had poo'd in the potty. I was stunned!! To those of you who are a little lost, we had thought Kali was ready back when she was 21 months. She showed all the exact signs as now, but freaked out when it came to the action of going potty (i.e., peeing in toilet). So we backed off for awhile. Didn't want to push her. She was ready, but not 100%. Back to present...so that was on Friday. On Saturday she pee'd in the toilet and today she did the same! Woohoo! After my little 5 minute dance of praises and loud "hurrays" (I'm sure the neighbors are thinking I'm praising myself over going potty & that I need serious help) Kali was awarded an oreo cookie. I think she was more excited to be able to use the toilet paper finally, as we never let her use it unless she went potty, than the cookie. :)

I have to admit, I don't think I could ever tell someone how excited they will get when they're child poops or pees in a toilet for the first time. It even surprised me. Kali did freak out a little, but when it came down to it, she did great and was even excited, though shaking a bit, about doing the deed. I will have to say this is definitely harder than those newborn days that everyone tells you about being a first time parent. I'd have to say the potty training days are the hardest, so far. Newborn days?!....those are just around the corner. ;)

No comments: