Thursday, March 27, 2008

Everett Trip












I have to give Kali credit in hanging in there on the car ride up to Everett. She did a good job. We did stop for an hour for a dinner break/Kali break, but were soon on our way. Full with McD nuggets and milk and we were good for another two hours. The Apple Jack's came in handy the last leg of the trip. We were getting desperate at that point. I think I even feasted on the dry remains of green and orange O's.







It was a wonderful trip being able to see the grandparents and, them, being able to see Kali. It had been a long time since either of them had seen her. There was no shortage of entertainment for them as Kali made sure they all had a part in playing with the toy treasures that were hiding in the back room at grandma Johnsons house. Grandma/Grandpa Strecker were equally entertained with Kali and Teddy, and the hopping up and down from the grand lazy boy Kali, oh so loved. She treated as though it were her throne. Sorry Grandpa, its all yours now. ;)







Not was it only fun to see the family, but it was a great trip...and break for me...to get out of the house and do some bonding with Kali out of the familiar walls of the apartment. Even sleeping with a snoring toddler next to me in bed was precious and memorable. I enjoyed the small things that usually don't happen at home...like sharing a bed with Kali. She loved waking up in the morning next to me with a big grin on her face, leaning over my huge stomach and peering into my sleeping face. Of course, the tickling of her hair on my cheek and knowing that as soon as I opened my eyes I would be greeting with a toothy smile, one could only TRY to resist! Even though our moments in bed together in the morning were short (we were both ready for breakfast), I always look back on those and wish I could keep her small and innocent, and know that we will always have that close bond. I'm so lucky to have her, her unique, God-given personality, and her enduring love for me a parent. I only pray that God continue to strengthen our relationship over the next many years ahead of us...and grant me patience and wisdom to raise her the "right way".

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad your trip went well :)